Verla groundwood and board mill can only be visited as part of a guided tour. Tour guides describe the mill to visitors and bring the museum to life with stories about the mill.
Tours in Finnish start on the hour. Tours in other languages can be arranged. The guided tour lasts 50–60 minutes, depending on the size of the group.
The tour starts with a ten-minute documentary film showing the mill in full action during its last weeks of operation in the summer of 1964. After the film, the mill tour continues with a step-by-step demonstration of how spruce timber was transformed into the off-white woodpulp board that became famous in its time.
We recommend booking in advance for groups of more than 20 people and for tours in languages other than Finnish. We recommend booking at least a few weeks in advance. May is a popular month for school trips, so bookings for May should be made well in advance.
Booking a museum tour online
Online bookings have a minimum group size of 20 people and a maximum of 50 people. Groups of fewer than 20 people should order regular tickets online for a museum tour.
Choose the date and the number of participants and then click Book. Your choice will be added to your basket. If you wish, you can add other products from the site to your basket. When you are ready, click Confirm in the basket and complete the purchase.
Our system registers group bookings as open orders, which can be modified until they are billed. Group bookings are billed after the visit and after the final group has been confirmed. The system will send you an email confirming your booking.
- f the size of your group exceeds 50 people, please contact our customer service. Bookings and enquiries by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +358 2041 52170 (available during the museum’s opening hours in operating season).
- There may be changes to practical arrangements on special event and theme days.
- Please note that tours are open to everyone, so there may be other people taking part in the tour in addition to your group.
- In order to start the tours on time, your group should arrive at Verla about 15 minutes before the start time. Please consider this when planning your schedule. However, if your group is running late due to unexpected circumstances, we kindly ask you to contact our customer service as soon as possible.
- The documentary commentary is available in Finnish, Swedish, English, German, French, Spanish and Russian. Subtitling is also available in Italian, Chinese and Japanese.
- Guided tours available 2018 in Finnish, Swedish, English, German, Russian, French and Italian.
- The Verla Mill Museum is not fully accessible for wheelchair users. However, visitors with reduced mobility can take part in a partial tour with the group.
- All kind of recording is prohibited inside the museum.
- Before the tour starts, please make sure that your mobile phone is in silent mode.